Trainers play a vital role in the success of this important initiative. You may provide a teacher's first exposure to the KRA and can set the stage for success. You will help teachers make the most out of this tool so they can gather and use the valuable data the KRA collects to inform and guide their instruction.
Trainers ensure that teachers understand the purpose of the KRA and how to administer it. You provide support and coach teachers throughout the process.
As a trainer, you are responsible for:
- Attending a Training-of-Trainers (ToT) session that is equivalent to approximately two days in length (meeting online via webinar, followed by online activities and a half-day virtual training), and passing the required training assessments.
- Using provided training materials to train kindergarten teachers to administer the KRA. Note: Two training formats are available to you: Face-to-Face training (two days in-person) and Blended training (self-paced online work followed by one day in-person).
- Providing refresher re-certification training to teachers that have prior experience administering the KRA. Note: Re-certification training takes approximately 1 hour and can be completed in-person or online.
- Ensuring that all assigned teachers earn passing scores on the simulator and content assessment.
- Distributing KRA kits to new teachers.
- Providing coaching and support to teachers as they implement the KRA and use data to inform instruction.
KRA Trainer Refresher Webinar (June 2, 2021, from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm)
- Recorded Webinar (Password: KRATrainer2021!)
- Trainer Refresher Webinar PowerPoint Presentation
- Teacher Training Kickoff Webinar (Module 1): Recorded Kickoff by the KRA in MI Team (Password: TeacherKickOff2021!)
- Trainer FAQ